The Knights beat Caps 1-0 in a dreary game except for the puppies
The Washington Capitals played a dismal game against the Vegas Golden Knights. Of course, it looks like the mid-season slump is in full effect. At least we had the puppies.
After a scoreless first period, Christian Amadio earned a rebound to put Vegas up 1-0 in two periods. The Caps tried to muster some offense in the third but failed.
- No dog puns in this recap. Just a little rule that I set for myself.
- The Caps have been worked well in this one. It’s just a micro-trend at this point, but I fear Washington’s possession is eroding.
- Garnet Hathaway got arrested for boarding tonight. He’s had blatant play in just about every game for the past two weeks. And a lot of them have been in the offensive zone.
- Michel Kempny received two restrictive penalties. I expressed my anxiety about Kempny in Monday’s snapshot. I do not know. Maybe we see more Irwin?
- Please watch our story about all the dogs at play. This was by far the best thing of the night.
- Two experiences in this one: Connor McMichael on the second line and Conor Sheary on the first line. McMichael’s line with Kuznetsov and Wilson was good in a short burst but then quickly dropped. Laviolette also picked up the Ovi-Nicky-Sheary line in the second period.
- The power play went 0 for 5 chances, including a 5-on-3 streak lasting almost two minutes. I don’t want the Capitals to fire Blaine Forsythe. It’s wrong to want someone fired unless they make $200,000 a year. But I want him reassigned; I want someone else in charge of this power play, someone who can make adjustments.
- Vegas Goalie Robin Lehner was good with over 30 stops.
— Good Tweet Pete 🌮 (@peterhassett) January 24, 2022
Looks like Washington can’t buy a goal lately. Every team goes through patches like this, but you want to see a good process under the dashboard. I don’t really see that either.
Goodbye, puppy night at Cap One Arena. The next game is Wednesday, it will be a police night at Cap One Arena. Aaaa okay.
Main photo: @Capitals