How to Beat Jar-Bairn Quest in Elden Ring
Elden Ring’s The 1.03 update patch added a lot of exciting new features to the game. A few mechanics got some well-deserved buffs while others got some long-standing nerfs. In addition to some quality of life improvements, Ring of Elden added several new NPC quests to the game, including a new NPC and accompanying questline.
The new NPC is Jar-Bairn, and he has a whole story to tell about his uncle Alexander, anti-jar poachers, and his aspirations to become a brave jar warrior. This guide will explain how to beat the Jar-Bairn quest in Ring of Elden and any prerequisites you must meet. Jump on Torrent and head for Jarburg!
How to Beat Jar-Bairn Quest in Elden Ring
Before starting Jar-Bairn’s quest in Ring of Elden, you must progress through the game until you reach the Liurnia region. From there, you’ll need to find Jarburg, a small town full of sentient jars on the east coast of Liurnia. To get to Jarburg, drive south past the Carian Study Hall. The easiest way to do this is to spawn at Grace’s site of the Artist’s Hut.
Walk up the cliff and look down. You will see tombstones sticking out of the mountain that you can maneuver. Drop down to find the friendly town of Jarburg below. Do NOT attack the jars, they are your friends. See image above for exact location.
Now that you are in Jarburg, you can start the Jar-Bairn quest in Ring of Elden. However, to complete this quest, you will need to check off a few prerequisites:
- Complete Alexander Iron Fist quest
- Complete Diallos’ Quest
- Defeat Starscourge Radahn (part of Alexander’s quest)
- Defeat Rykard (part of Diallos’ quest)
We’ve featured a quick step-by-step guide for Diallos and Alexander below, so don’t go anywhere! Assuming you meet all four prerequisites, here’s how to complete the Jar-Bairn quest in Ring of Elden.
Step 1: Head to the Jarburg site of Grace and look slightly to your left. You’ll see Jar-Bairn, a little potty child warrior, sitting on a wall. Approach the NPC, talk to him and exhaust all the dialogues. When he asks you to become a potentate, say yes.
2nd step: Rest at Grace’s site, then talk to Jar-Bairn again. He will task you with picking rare flowers around Jarburg. Pick a few (or all of them to be sure), then rest again at Grace’s site.
Step 3: Talk to Jar-Bairn again, and he’ll tell you all about his uncle Alexander Iron Fist, aka Alexander Warrior Jar, the NPC you probably summoned during the Starscourge Radahn boss fight. Get out of Jarburg, ideally anywhere that will significantly pass the time. Keep going back and forth, talking to Jar-Bairn each time until he starts talking about poachers hunting his people. Honestly, who could ever hurt these cute little potties!
Step 4: This is where completing Diallos’ quest comes in. If you’ve completed it, Jar-Bairn will tell you about Diallos’ arrival in Jarburg. He’s in the only accessible cabin, so go downstairs and talk to him. You will see him playing with another Jar-kid. Exhaust his dialogue, then fast travel out of Jarburg. Warp a few times until you return to Jarburg to find that Jar-Bairn is not where he usually sits.
Step 5: All the jars are dead! Find Jar-Bairn in the middle of the road and he will tell you about Diallos’ bravery. Head up the road to find Diallos, who is dying in the middle of the path. Tell him he defended the jars.
Step 6: Refresh Jarburg and return to Diallos’ body once more. You’ll find Jar-Bairn standing on it. Exhaust all dialogue, then refresh again. You will see Jar-Bairn sitting in his usual place.
Step 7: This is where the Alexander questline comes in. If you’ve completed it, talk to Jar-Bairn and give him Alexander’s entrails. Exhaust all dialogues and refresh again.
Step 8: Jar-Bairn should be gone. In its place you’ll find the Companion Jar Talisman, used to boost the power of your throwing jars. Head to where Diallos died to loot a few more items, including his mask.
How to Complete Iron Fist Alexander Quest in Elden Ring
Without going into details, here is a step by step on how to complete the Alexander Iron Fist quest in Ring of Elden. Remember to ALWAYS exhaust all dialogue options. You’ll know you’ve done it when an NPC starts repeating the same thing.
- Help him get out of a hole in Northern Stormhill. It is on a hill above the Grace Site of Saintsbridge.
- Talk to him in Gael Tunnel, on the border of Limgrave and Caelid. He will be waiting at the end of the tunnel, just before the boss fight.
- Head to Redmane Castle (where you fight Radahn) at the southern tip of Caelid. Talk to him before the fight against Radahn.
- Talk to him again after defeating Radahn. It will be near the Starscourge site in Grace. You may need to refresh the area.
- Help him get out of a hole in the cliffs above Jarburg, just below Carian Study Hall. You will have to throw a jar of oil at him.
- Head to Seethewater Terminus in the western area of Mount Gelmir. You will find him bathing in a pool of lava. However, you will need to defeat a Magma Wyrm boss first. You can talk to him safely from a rock in the lava pool. You will hear him having fun in the hot tub.
- Finally, you’ll find him in the Crumbling Farm Azula, where he’ll challenge you to a duel. Defeat him and he will give you his entrails, among other items. This is a late game area, so you will need to progress through the Mountaintops of Giants area first.
How to complete Diallos quest in Elden Ring
Besides Alexander Iron First, you also need to complete the Diallos questline to complete the Jar-Bairn quest in Ring of Elden. Again, without going into too much detail, here’s a quick step-by-step guide.
- Talk to him in Roundtable Hold.
- Talk to him again in Lake Liurnia. You’ll find him moaning over a corpse in Academy Gate Town.
- Talk to him again in Roundtable Hold.
- Join Volcano Manor, but do not complete the questline yet. It’s okay if you’ve committed assassinations, but you can’t kill Rykard.
- Talk to him in the living room.
- Defeat Rykard.
- Progress through Jar-Bairn’s quest until he mentions Diallos’ arrival in Jarburg.